Hi there! Thanks so much for inviting on your blog. What a great idea to have a blog for young writers. When I was growing up we didn't have blogs – we didn't even have computers! Can you imagine that? Yep, that was the olden days, where I rode around in a horse and cart (no, not really – we had cars by then) and everything I wrote was by hand. Sometimes I still prefer to write my stories by hand. I always carry a notebook with me because you never know when a good idea is going to come to you. My notebooks are full of ideas: things I remember from my childhood, drawings, snippets of conversations I may have heard, even cuttings from newspapers and magazines that interest me. Sometimes I might even begin a story in my notebook, then when I feel it begin to take shape, I'll begin to type it out on my computer. A notebook is a great place to practice your writing. Because, like everything, if you want to be good at something, what do you have to do? Yep, that's right – practice! Imagine if you were a runner and you turned up on race day to run your 100 metre sprint without having done any practice. You wouldn't do your best run, would you? Well, writing is just the same. The more you practice in your notebook, the more likely it is that when you do finally sit down at the computer, the ideas will flow. The more you write, the better you get at writing. Good luck! And have fun.

Best wishes,

Sally Rippin

www.sallyrippin.com

Friday, 29 June 2012


The three billy goats gruff


By Adam Moorhouse


One day there was three billy goats gruff a little billy goat gruff a middle size billy goat gruff and a great billy goat gruff. The three billy goats gruff needed food to stay alive but the three billy goats had to cross a brig.  A big bad troll with sharp teeth and I all so forgot the three billy goats wonted to see in the middle of the mountain.


All of a sudden an extremely hairy troll jumped up onto the bridge with a big bit of dead skin in his jaw. The little billy goat backed back the troll jumped at little billy goat and escaped with a few scratches. Magically the troll appeared in front of middle billy goat gruff. The troll dived at middle sized billy goat. He raced across to the fresh green grass. Middle sized billy goat threw grass in the air the troll made a humongous hole in the bridge. All of a sudden great big billy goat gruff shoved his head near his tummy. Middle sized billy goat and little billy goat said “a fight, a fight.” Middle sized billy goat said to little billy goat “I want to join in the fight.” Middle sized billy goat forgot about the humongous hole and fell into the troll’s house.  Middle size billy goat steeped on a button and a trapdoor opened.  Middle size billy goat inside the trapdoor .The steep crumbled into hidden guns.

‘yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy’

A vine with a net on it came rushing down.  It cohort the guns and middle size billy goat fell into the net and got pulled up .When middle size billy goat was on land again he reached into the net and pulled out a rifle got out of the trolls house and shot the troll  and that was the end of that troll .Then the three billy goats tuck some grass with them.  When the three billy goats got up to the top they saw baby Trolls in the middle of the mountain and then they said ‘here we go again‘.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.