Attribution:
CC Creative Commons
Image: 'Nose Kiss'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26614168@N00/3664382839
Kids Writing 4 Kids blog is for all those children out there who love to write and want to share their creations with other children. You can write in any genre and the topics that you write about are only limited by your imagination!
Hi there! Thanks so much for inviting on your blog. What a great idea to have a blog for young writers. When I was growing up we didn't have blogs – we didn't even have computers! Can you imagine that? Yep, that was the olden days, where I rode around in a horse and cart (no, not really – we had cars by then) and everything I wrote was by hand. Sometimes I still prefer to write my stories by hand. I always carry a notebook with me because you never know when a good idea is going to come to you. My notebooks are full of ideas: things I remember from my childhood, drawings, snippets of conversations I may have heard, even cuttings from newspapers and magazines that interest me. Sometimes I might even begin a story in my notebook, then when I feel it begin to take shape, I'll begin to type it out on my computer. A notebook is a great place to practice your writing. Because, like everything, if you want to be good at something, what do you have to do? Yep, that's right – practice! Imagine if you were a runner and you turned up on race day to run your 100 metre sprint without having done any practice. You wouldn't do your best run, would you? Well, writing is just the same. The more you practice in your notebook, the more likely it is that when you do finally sit down at the computer, the ideas will flow. The more you write, the better you get at writing. Good luck! And have fun.
Best wishes,
Sally Rippin
www.sallyrippin.com
Thursday, 29 March 2012
Unusually Crazy - A Willow and Ginger Story (number 5)
Happy talking filled the neighourhood the same day as Willow and Ginger got the party invitation from Greg, a new bunny. "Finally another rabbit down the street", Willow exclaimed for what felt like the millionth time. "I'll just get the food". Tap, tap! The twins stopped at Greg's door and waited. Then a cold, high pitched laugh greeted them, making a drowsy feeling come over the pair.
The cold, stone floor made it very hard to sleep on. Around midnight all the bunnies that were trapped woke up and got a mighty surprise. "We're trapped!", the two twins squealed. They had no idea of the scientist's cunning plan set up for the following day.
Dawn broke through the prison-like windows and Willow and Ginger were the only ones who had figured out that there was a plan. SLAM! The door swung shut and a man, as white as a vampire, appeared at the door holding a small bottle of what looked like some sort of potion. He slid open the nearest cage and poured a few droplets onto the prisoner while singing
"Give me a chicken's intestine,
The hair of mean Frankenstein,
And a cute bunnies tail.
Now tell me young friend, is this potion going to fail?"
Nothing happened and the mad scientist let out a roar of rage and let the bunny go. "I'm going to find those talking rabbits no matter what and I'll prove I'm better than them!" And with that he did the same with the other bunnies while the brothers quivered. Four away, three away, two, one... Suddenly the scientist was in front of them. The twins didn't look up into his eyes in fear of what was to happen. Instead the twins closed their eyes tightly. "Arghh!", cried the mad scientist. Something about closing their eyes tightly forced him backwards! Tinkle! Tinkle! The man fell and dropped the bottle and then slipped on the contents. A puff of smoke made the scientist disappear from view. When the bunnies could see him again he looked dazed and confused. The scientist glanced around then hurridly opened up the cages with a key he had found in his pocket. He let the bunnies go. Before Ginger left, he sniffed the potion then hopped away.
Once the bunnies were home they did a lap of honour around the garden. Chatting as they closed the door of the hutch Ginger added "You know, I don't know why he wanted to make us young". Willow laughed "Good work bro, good work" as Ginger beamed.
By Mia B
Attribution:
CC Creative Commons
Image: 'Nose Kiss'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26614168@N00/3664382839
Attribution:
CC Creative Commons
Image: 'Nose Kiss'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26614168@N00/3664382839
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.