Attribution:
CC Creative Commons
Image: 'Bunny noses'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13238706@N00/6228393046
Kids Writing 4 Kids blog is for all those children out there who love to write and want to share their creations with other children. You can write in any genre and the topics that you write about are only limited by your imagination!
Hi there! Thanks so much for inviting on your blog. What a great idea to have a blog for young writers. When I was growing up we didn't have blogs – we didn't even have computers! Can you imagine that? Yep, that was the olden days, where I rode around in a horse and cart (no, not really – we had cars by then) and everything I wrote was by hand. Sometimes I still prefer to write my stories by hand. I always carry a notebook with me because you never know when a good idea is going to come to you. My notebooks are full of ideas: things I remember from my childhood, drawings, snippets of conversations I may have heard, even cuttings from newspapers and magazines that interest me. Sometimes I might even begin a story in my notebook, then when I feel it begin to take shape, I'll begin to type it out on my computer. A notebook is a great place to practice your writing. Because, like everything, if you want to be good at something, what do you have to do? Yep, that's right – practice! Imagine if you were a runner and you turned up on race day to run your 100 metre sprint without having done any practice. You wouldn't do your best run, would you? Well, writing is just the same. The more you practice in your notebook, the more likely it is that when you do finally sit down at the computer, the ideas will flow. The more you write, the better you get at writing. Good luck! And have fun.
Best wishes,
Sally Rippin
www.sallyrippin.com
Thursday, 29 March 2012
The Mystery Thief - A Willow and Ginger Story (number 1)
Howling wind could be heard the night Willow and Ginger escaped yet again. Quivering slightly, the two masked bunnies made their way back home nudging their recently stolen food along the ground. As the police car sirens died down, Ginger couldn't help saying "Great work bro, we really tricked the cops". "Shhhh!", Willow replied. "Can't you see that Mia has come to check on us? We've got no time to lose. Start digging!"
Dawn was breaking when Enaya came to feed the bunnies. "Wake up", Willow whispered kicking Ginger wide awake. "It's time to eat". Ginger started to complain "I can't eat. I admit it, I ate half the supplies we stole last night". "Fair enough", Willow sighed. "But still, get down here this minute!".
That afternoon, the boys planned their next robbery, pausing only to listen to last night's event on TV. Meanwhile, the police officers were studying a picture with alarm as they saw two small, blurry shapes. Zooming in they saw two bunnies.
That evening sunset colours filled the sky as two bunnies hooped to Woolworths hidden in the shadows. Little did they know who was hiding behind the doors....
"Gotcha!", yelled a mysterious voice and Willow and Ginger immediately fell into a deep sleep. Chatting awoke the two and to their horror they were behind glass. Their worst dream! "What? A madhouse?" gasped Ginger. "Exactly" began Willow "And I have a plan of escape".
Midnight was guarded by police. Willow and Ginger were smiling in their sleep and little did the cops know what was planned for tomorrow.
By Mia B
Attribution:
CC Creative Commons
Image: 'Bunny noses'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13238706@N00/6228393046
Attribution:
CC Creative Commons
Image: 'Bunny noses'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13238706@N00/6228393046
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.