Attribution:
CC Creative Commons
Image: 'Mumble'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26614168@N00/5994199548
Kids Writing 4 Kids blog is for all those children out there who love to write and want to share their creations with other children. You can write in any genre and the topics that you write about are only limited by your imagination!
Hi there! Thanks so much for inviting on your blog. What a great idea to have a blog for young writers. When I was growing up we didn't have blogs – we didn't even have computers! Can you imagine that? Yep, that was the olden days, where I rode around in a horse and cart (no, not really – we had cars by then) and everything I wrote was by hand. Sometimes I still prefer to write my stories by hand. I always carry a notebook with me because you never know when a good idea is going to come to you. My notebooks are full of ideas: things I remember from my childhood, drawings, snippets of conversations I may have heard, even cuttings from newspapers and magazines that interest me. Sometimes I might even begin a story in my notebook, then when I feel it begin to take shape, I'll begin to type it out on my computer. A notebook is a great place to practice your writing. Because, like everything, if you want to be good at something, what do you have to do? Yep, that's right – practice! Imagine if you were a runner and you turned up on race day to run your 100 metre sprint without having done any practice. You wouldn't do your best run, would you? Well, writing is just the same. The more you practice in your notebook, the more likely it is that when you do finally sit down at the computer, the ideas will flow. The more you write, the better you get at writing. Good luck! And have fun.
Best wishes,
Sally Rippin
www.sallyrippin.com
Thursday, 29 March 2012
Breaking Out - A Willow and Ginger Story (number 2)
Mango colours filled Ginger's eyes the first morning at the zoo. Yawning slightly he thought deeply. Six minutes later Willow was munching grass while Ginger was explaining his thoughts. "So maybe we could karate chop through this glass?". Ginger finished imitating his freedom dance. "Ha, ha very funny" Willow replied. "Remember when Charlie took us to Mia's karate lesson?" Ginger answered, "Good point. Let's start planning and practicing straight away", Willow agreed.
It was the same bunnies that stared at the metal bars that night thinking about escape. "Are we there yet?" Ginger asked for the 100th time. "Yes", Willow shivered "Pretend to be asleep".
Two snoring bunnies slept in their cage dreaming of their escape. An ear-splitting noise awoke them. "Quiet!" the wide awake Willow said to his neighbour. "Thanks" Ginger interrupted and turning his attention to his brother explained that this was a good time to practice karate. The two immediately started practicing.
Whimpering the next day, Ginger limped towards Willow "Hig me paw og the rong" Ginger managed to say before starting to whimper again. "You what?" Willow cried, startled. "I hit my paw on the rock" burst out Ginger through clenched teeth. "But then you can't chop through the glass" Willow realised. "Don't worry, it's feeling better, but I can't do karate" whispered Ginger. "I'll try to think of something to help".
Thoughts awoke the slightly sore Ginger, thoughts that made his eyes shine. Waking the asleep Willow he told him with bright eyes, "Just a few days of practice and I will be able to chop through the glass like eating through celery". It took a minute or two before Willow understood and got Ginger to start practicing.
CRASH! Police were running everywhere but not in time for the smart bunnies who were out the gates and into the night in no time. The naughty bunnies were soon hopping down O'Hea Street and into their hutch. Huddled upstairs they heard Mia telling Heidi about two masks, "Oh, oh..." mouthed Willow and Ginger together "Here we go again!"
By Mia B
Attribution:
CC Creative Commons
Image: 'Mumble'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26614168@N00/5994199548
Attribution:
CC Creative Commons
Image: 'Mumble'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26614168@N00/5994199548
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.