Hi there! Thanks so much for inviting on your blog. What a great idea to have a blog for young writers. When I was growing up we didn't have blogs – we didn't even have computers! Can you imagine that? Yep, that was the olden days, where I rode around in a horse and cart (no, not really – we had cars by then) and everything I wrote was by hand. Sometimes I still prefer to write my stories by hand. I always carry a notebook with me because you never know when a good idea is going to come to you. My notebooks are full of ideas: things I remember from my childhood, drawings, snippets of conversations I may have heard, even cuttings from newspapers and magazines that interest me. Sometimes I might even begin a story in my notebook, then when I feel it begin to take shape, I'll begin to type it out on my computer. A notebook is a great place to practice your writing. Because, like everything, if you want to be good at something, what do you have to do? Yep, that's right – practice! Imagine if you were a runner and you turned up on race day to run your 100 metre sprint without having done any practice. You wouldn't do your best run, would you? Well, writing is just the same. The more you practice in your notebook, the more likely it is that when you do finally sit down at the computer, the ideas will flow. The more you write, the better you get at writing. Good luck! And have fun.

Best wishes,

Sally Rippin

www.sallyrippin.com

Friday, 29 June 2012

Excursion to the city!

The day had finally arrived our excursion to the city of Melbourne. I got to school at 8am and went to my classroom and sat on the floor I sat next to my mate Lucas and listened to the names of the roll get called out. After that we hopped on the bus and we were on our way to the city. Once we got there it was recess time at the park and we had a play for an hour. I played in the pirate ship with Lucas we played hidden seek Lucas was counting first. An hour had passed and we came back into the middle. We picked up our bags and walked behind our teacher and saw then we saw the Yarra River and we saw the litter in the river. Then we went to Flinders street station and saw lots of people in the station and saw the 10 clocks in the front of the station. Then we caught a bus to the Shrine of remembrance and saw the flame. Then we went inside the strong building and saw the flags of the countries. Then we put flowers in this huge square hole then we went back down the stairs and saw the statues of soldiers then we aboded the bus and went back to school Once we got back we sat on the floor and our teacher asked us questions. And then we went home I hope we go there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.