Once upon a time there was a boy named Joseph and his younger sister Rachel. They lived in the city. At midnight Joseph stole a huge bomb. Rachel heard something. It was Joseph trying to set up the bomb. Rachel went outside to see what was happening. She saw Joseph setting up the bomb. Rachel yelled “WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Are you going to destroy the world?” “Yes I am going to bomb the whole world.”
Kids Writing 4 Kids blog is for all those children out there who love to write and want to share their creations with other children. You can write in any genre and the topics that you write about are only limited by your imagination!
Hi there! Thanks so much for inviting on your blog. What a great idea to have a blog for young writers. When I was growing up we didn't have blogs – we didn't even have computers! Can you imagine that? Yep, that was the olden days, where I rode around in a horse and cart (no, not really – we had cars by then) and everything I wrote was by hand. Sometimes I still prefer to write my stories by hand. I always carry a notebook with me because you never know when a good idea is going to come to you. My notebooks are full of ideas: things I remember from my childhood, drawings, snippets of conversations I may have heard, even cuttings from newspapers and magazines that interest me. Sometimes I might even begin a story in my notebook, then when I feel it begin to take shape, I'll begin to type it out on my computer. A notebook is a great place to practice your writing. Because, like everything, if you want to be good at something, what do you have to do? Yep, that's right – practice! Imagine if you were a runner and you turned up on race day to run your 100 metre sprint without having done any practice. You wouldn't do your best run, would you? Well, writing is just the same. The more you practice in your notebook, the more likely it is that when you do finally sit down at the computer, the ideas will flow. The more you write, the better you get at writing. Good luck! And have fun.
Best wishes,
Sally Rippin
www.sallyrippin.com
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.